Play and Dram-therapy is a creative, non-directive, child-centered therapy.
- The therapist offers a non-judgemental environment for the child or adolescents to explore their feelings and emotions.
- The therapist uses play as a tool to help children expand on their social understanding.
- The therapist uses play to help children experience positive interaction and communication.
- The therapist uses art, drama, stories and movement to help children express themselves.
- The therapist helps families develop playful programs to use at home.
Play and Dram-therapy can be offered at home or in the child's school. To learn more about what happens in the therapy room click on 'clients'.
Annabelle van Nieuwkoop-Read trained at The University of Derby 2006 MA Arts Therapy (Drama).